The Prevention Insights Big Idea Challenge is an opportunity for IU students to develop an innovative approach to addressing some of the most complex issues facing the US today: substance use and mental health. Selected proposals can win scholarships up to $1,000 plus additional funding for a pilot project.
What's The Next Big Idea in Addiction Prevention and Mental Health Promotion?
We are particularly interested in two types of ideas:
- Ideas that pose unique solutions to problems (e.g., "Couldn't we address this issue much more effectively if we just did X?", where X is a model, program, technology, etc.)
- Ideas that challenge conventional thinking or paradigms (e.g., "What if X is wrong?")
– Submissions are open from October 31, 2019 to January 21, 2020
– Full-time IU Bloomington or Indianapolis students are eligible
– Proposal must be 5 pages or fewer and meet the contest requirements