Our approach to training and education is to deliver highly focused learning that is customized to the needs, interests, and
culture of its target audience. With over 30 years of experience, we continually strive to improve our resources and techniques
and explore new ways to engage with professionals and other learners. Some of our current work includes:
- Developing college curriculum on addiction-related topics
- Facilitating online, telecommunication mentorship programs
- Designing interactive web modules for drug education and motivational interviewing
- Creating culturally-engaging HIV prevention classes and events for minority and economically disadvantaged populations
- Training healthcare organizations across the country in best practices for addressing and preventing risky and harmful drug and alcohol use
Prevention Insights has provided trainings on a variety of topics over the last 30 years. Trainings have included substance use
prevention skills, specific drug topics, environmental strategies for reducing substance use, and ethics in prevention.
In addition to substance use prevention trainings, Prevention Insights provides trainings on mental health topics, motivational
interviewing, gambling addiction, and screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment (SBIRT) processes. General public
health training topics include leadership, sustainability, data collection and analysis, grant writing, evaluation skills, health
disparities, and cultural competency.
Our trainings are tailored to meet the skill levels of the participants, from beginner through advanced. Our clients include schools,
youth organizations, community coalitions, veterans’ organizations, health care providers in primary care clinics and hospitals,
behavioral health professionals, justice organizations, university faculty, and state government officials.
SBIRT Program Manager & Research Associate
Workforce Development Program Manager & Research Associate
Training Specialist & Research Associate